Let’s face it: data backup is a very important task we all just must do in order to maintain our databases and important corporate information.
Much easier then a manually maintained shell script, then, is MySQLDumper. MySQLDumper is a PHP and Perl based tool for backing up MySQL databases. You can easily dump your data into a backup file and – if needed – restore it. It is especially suited for Environments, where you don’t have shell access. MySQLDumper is an open source project and released under the GNU-license.
Some features …
- Easy installation, easy handling – you don’t have to be an expert to backup your databases. MySQLDumper controls nearly every potential error pit automatically without bothering you with technical details
- Faster backups und restore (compared to older versions of MySQLDumper)
- Send Emails with or without your dumpfile attached
- Send dumpfiles via FTP to up to three different servers
- Security: MySQLDumper can generate a .htaccess-file to protect itself and all of your backup files
- MySQLDumper can do multipart backups
- Database overview: look at running processes or even stop them
- Automatic file deletion: set your own rules to delete old backups. Specify the number of backups you want to hold and let MySQLDumper automatically delete the older ones to save server storage space
- Complete log files: watch the log files and know what happened
- dogado may configure all cronjobs for a scheduled backup with MySQLDumper – just contact our support staff
It’s so easy to use, follow these simple steps:
Sign up for Jelastic if you haven’t done so already or log in with your Jelastic credentials by clicking the Sign In link on the page.
MySQLDumper is a powerful tool, we have just skimmed the surface. To get in-depth information on setting up and configuring MySQLDumper visit http://www.mysqldumper.net/
We’re here for you: if you have any questions, go ahead and contact us, especially for setting up a scheduled backup with MySQLDumper. Simply e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Letzte Artikel von Timo Mankartz (Alle anzeigen)
- dogado übernimmt Hosting-Anbieter media:Webline AG - 12. Januar 2016
- Jelastic mit Docker Support, SSD und Zero Downtime Deployment - 7. Dezember 2015
- Tradition Sommerfest, auch in 2015 über den Dächern von Dortmund - 27. August 2015